We have worked with Tesco to provide ‘stage one’ product carbon footprinting for ten of their clothing garments.
Accurate and up-to-date data provided
Calculation of 'cradle to factory gate' emissions
Continued progress to carbon reduction targets
- Providing a sound foundation to develop an effective carbon reduction strategy as part of Tesco’s target to reduce supply chain emissions by 30%.
- Ensuring that all cradle to ‘factory gate’ impacts were considered.
- Focussing on a range of variables including fabric type, production processes and country of origin.
- Working within the complex and fast-moving textiles industry.
- We effectively engaged with the supply chain which allowed us to acquire accurate and up to date primary data.
- Studies were undertaken at site level to integrate actual working practices.
- We engaged with technical staff and suppliers to confirm assumptions regarding processes and machinery.
- In depth analysis and confirmation of data.
- Provided cradle to factory gate carbon footprints for 10 garments.
- Established ‘carbon hotspots’ in terms of life cycle stage, country of origin and type of garment.
- Process will further improve supplier engagement with carbon reduction process.
- Stage one’ data was fed into overall organisational and product carbon footprint.
- Provided real world data rather than assumptions.
Talk to one of our team today