We optimised the Building Energy Management System (BMS) at Orange Business Services UK headquarters to drastically cut energy consumption and improve occupant comfort.
Automatic control restored
Three month payback period
Electricity usage reduced by 15%, gas by 35%
- The existing BMS was a mixture of old, obsolete and non-functioning equipment.
- Heating, cooling and ventilation were having to be manually controlled due to loss of confidence in the BMS.
- Orange Business Services wanted to reduce energy consumption and improve comfort.
- A detailed review of the current energy data, control strategy, set points and plant. A review by Carrob Controls of current controllers and infrastructure.
- Sustain used energy data to investigate consumption patterns, identify waste and diagnose problems in the operation of the systems.
- Carrob Controls then reviewed three options for solving the problem; complete replacement, repair, or partial upgrade. The recommended solution was a partial upgrade of the controllers and the headend software.
- Following the upgrade, electricity consumption was reduced by 15% and gas consumption was cut by 35%.
- Site staff also had increased understanding and confidence in the systems and how to get the best results from them.
- OBS were so pleased with the results achieved that they engaged us to provide further support in improving the building’s cooling systems.
- We conducted a review of the controls and strategy and recommended works to improve control of cooling plant, optimiser strategy and time schedules, as well as adding compensation on the fan coil units.
Talk to one of our team today