We managed a funded scheme for Islington Council to encourage the uptake of micro-generation and energy efficiency technologies in private housing.
End to end scheme management
Solar systems installed for over 100 homes
Larger systems can expect to save over £600 per annum
- To raise awareness of micro-generation and energy efficiency technologies.
- To help tackle fuel poverty, reduce householder fuel bills and to save carbon.
- To work with both the planning and building control departments to manage all installations, a particular challenge due the a high proportion of conservation areas.
- To be actively involved in improving the way the scheme is run.
- Carry out feasibility surveys to determine each households suitability for PV. This included examining the heating systems and loft & cavity wall insulation levels.
- Generate bespoke reports for each household detailing recommendations and showing estimated payback periods, annual/lifetime fuel bill and carbon savings.
- Upon decision to install, we project managed the entire process including gaining any planning/building control permissions, resolving issues where they arose, streamlining the administrative process and full control of invoicing procedure between all parties.
- Once the installation was complete, we conducted post work technical monitoring and online customer satisfaction surveys.
- Over 100 solar systems have been installed for residents including solar PV and hot water systems.
- It is expected that over 650 tonnes of CO2 will be saved over the systems’ 25 year lifespans.
- The scheme will save local residents in excess of 3 gigawatt hours of electricity.
- Larger households can expect to save over £600 per annum with smaller houses saving around £400.
The solar panelling installed on our premises has proved a joy both financially in terms of our house whilst also contributing something positive to combat global warming. The installation team were punctual, efficient and friendly and won my trust immediately. We were impressed with the service and wish all companies performed in such a way.- Judy Price - Islington Resident
Talk to one of our team today