We are working with Housing & Care 21 to implement heat network
upgrades to ensure reliable and cost effective heating for residents.
Heat networks unreliable and costly to maintain
Analysis, design & specification of optimal heating & hot water systems
Reliable heating & hot water for vulnerable residents
- Housing & Care 21 is a leading national provider of retirement housing & care services for older people.
- Many of Housing & Care 21’s boiler rooms had reached the end of their life and were unreliable and costly to maintain.
- A number of new build properties had unexpected and unwelcome performance gaps in terms of their energy usage, heat delivery and maintenance costs.
- Previous contractors had simply installed ‘like-for-like’ replacements or provided quick fix solutions rather than addressing the root of the problems.
- Housing & Care 21 wanted to optimise performance and build resilience and longevity into their systems which are essential to provide warmth and comfort to vulnerable residents.
- For the new build sites we adopted a consultative approach, engaging with the users and operators of the networks, to identify the cause of the issues. Coupled with detailed data analysis, we were able to provide recommendations to improve performance and reliability.
- We produced a new build specification to ensure the lessons learned allowed the design of future projects to be optimised.
- Where boilers were being replaced, we looked at the whole network, working backwards to the plant, in order to identify opportunities to improve the whole system. We then provided optimal design for the system upgrades.
- We also provided procurement support to Housing & Care 21 by reviewing tender submissions and recommending contractors. We were also on hand to provide technical support to the chosen contractor throughout the install.
- So far, we have provided support for Housing & Care 21 at over 70 of their sites, arranging more than £35,000 worth of Energy Company Obligation funding to support the works.
- These sites now have heating and hot water systems that are more efficient and resilient.
- The work has improved Housing & Care 21’s capacity to provide reliable heat and comfort to its residents.
- The ongoing work is set to optimise heating system performance and reduce operation and maintenance costs.
“Sustain have provided practical and sound assistance, support and advice to deliver real-world technical solutions from inception to completion.”- Tim Ingram - Property Improvement Manager, Housing & Care 21
Talk to one of our team today