We supplied and project managed the install of a highly efficient lighting system for West Street, a social housing site run by Homes in Sedgemoor.
Detailed technical survey of the site
Supplied and project managed the install of a highly efficient LED lighting system
Lighting demand reduced by up to 87%
- Homes in Sedgemoor operate a large number of social housing properties throughout Highbridge and Bridgewater in Somerset.
- 18 of the blocks were due to undergo planned maintenance work to improve their communal areas.
- As part of this project Homes in Sedgemoor wanted to assess the energy efficiency of their lighting and where necessary, upgrade their their scheme to save energy and increase comfort for residents.
- We carried out a free technical survey to determine the existing lighting arrangement and requirements of the space.
- The survey demonstrated that the incumbent fluorescent and halogen lighting scheme, with minimal controls was energy inefficient and presented a good opportunity for improvement.
- We then proposed an LED lighting solution with improved integrated controls, supported by a robust business case which demonstrated a lifetime return on investment of 800%.
- Following our recommendations, Homes in Sedgemoor appointed us to design and project manage the supply and installation of the new lighting system.
- As a result of the works, West Street’s lighting demand reduced by up to 87%.
- From the programming of the sensors to the colour of the lighting, residents have been provided with a comfortable lighting system that works for them.
- Installation took two days to complete under the supervision of a dedicated project manager, minimising disruption to the residents.
- Upgrades to emergency feeds, fire clips and distribution boards were also identified and will be carried out during the rest of the programme, allowing Homes in Sedgemoor to future-proof their sites.
“I have been working with Sustain for the last 6 months and during that time all works have been booked in and completed on time. Sustain are well organised and have good staff in place to ensure a quality job.”- Gary Lee - Contracts Supervisor, DR Jones Building Group (working on behalf of Homes in Sedgemoor)
Talk to one of our team today