We worked with Bron Afon community housing to improve the efficiency & reliability of their communal heating systems, bringing energy costs down for tenants.
Detailed site survey and investigation
Recommended actions on sites needing urgent attention
Site survey analysis with detailed retrofit measures
- To improve performance and reliability of communal heating systems to prevent problems affecting elderly tenants.
- To reduce energy inefficiencies and therefore costs for tenants.
- Identification of potential failure risks with existing system.
- Calculate heating system efficiency and longevity.
- Mechanical and electrical assessments of 28 Bron Afon plant rooms.
- Boiler room equipment and boiler controls inventory.
- Assessments of operability risk and life expectancy.
- Performance assessment based on gas consumption data for each site.
- Identification of obsolete technology.
- Classification of site by condition, ranging from very poor to excellent.
- Summarised course of actions to improve energy systems for each site.
- Easy identification of measures to improve most inefficient sites.
- On average, more than £36,000 of suggested remedial actions identified.
- Quick identification of system’s risk of failure.
- Estimated site heating system efficiency.
“We were really impressed with the detailed report provided by Sustain. The project was delivered as per the programme brief and the anticipated value was realised. We can also utilise the supporting documentation to plan future works based on risk.”- Kevin Wakefield - Planned Services Manager, Bron Afon
Talk to one of our team today