Our total energy management service for schools manages utilities to achieve large reductions and provide ongoing support, investment and advice.
Optimised BMS system
39,591,137 litres of water saved
1,890 tonnes of CO2e saved
- Bedford Education Partnership (BEP), built and manage two PFI secondary schools.
- In a time of rising energy prices BEP were looking to replace the current management contracts in order to reduce running costs and engage building users.
- Sustain undertook an audit of two schools and reviewed the schools electricity, gas and water usage.
- Sustain then tailored a Carbon Management Action Plan (CMAP) for each of the schools outlining key carbon and water saving actions.
- Monitoring equipment was installed to collect detailed energy data an allow for both analysis of consumption and monthly reporting of savings.
- Sustain took over the BMS service contract with Carrob Controls providing continuity on site.
- Sustain installed insulation in the boiler rooms, optimised the BMS and worked with Carrob controls to upgrade equipment and identify further improvements.
- Installed urinal control equipment, installed voltage optimisation and reviewed catering, ICT and small power equipment.
- Sustain created a behaviour change programme and increased visibility of energy consumption in the schools.
- Sustain achieved annual savings of 20% of electricity, 35% gas and 40% of water compared to baseline.
Talk to one of our team today